Handling of Personal Information at the UMG ABS Website
UMG ABS, Ltd. (“UMG ABS”) respects the privacy of the users of the UMG ABS website (“Site”) and shall comply with the laws of Japan in the handling of the personal information it acquires from users of the Website (“Users”) in order to ensure that the right to privacy of Users is not infringed. UMG ABS will also carefully adhere to the policies which follow below.
1. Definition of personal information
Personal information basically refers to items, such as those listed below, which enable the identification of an individual.
- Name, date of birth, occupation, telephone number, address, e-mail address, and so on.
- ID number, password, and etc. granted to individuals
- Other items that can be easily matched with other information and will allow the identification of specific individuals
2. Collection and Use of Personal Information
There are cases in which UMG ABS requests Users to provide personal information within a needed scope, such as when Users download materials about products or make requests for brochures. Such personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- In order to respond to inquiries from Users with certainty
- In order to provide Users with our products, services or related information
- In order to manage records regarding product safety information that is provided to Users
UMG ABS shall inform Users in advance when personal information is requested for purposes other than those listed above.
3. Disclosure to third parties
Users’ personal information shall not be disclosed to a third party with the exception of any of those cases listed below.
- When UMG ABS has received the consent of Users to do so
- When disclosure to related companies or sales agents is necessary for the purpose of responding appropriately to an inquiry
- When UMG ABS is required to do so by law, and so on
- When UMG ABS is required to protect of a person's life, body or property, and your consent cannot be readily obtained.
- When UMG ABS is required to improve of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children especially, and your consent cannot be readily obtained.
- It is necessary to cooperate with a national governmental organization, local government, or parties entrusted by them in carrying out services required by laws and regulations, and there is concern that seeking your consent may hinder the execution of the relevant services.
4. Security Measures
User's personal information shall be appropriately managed by those responsible for its management. UMG ABS shall strive to protect personal information by preventing the leakage of information to outside companies as well as by taking rational and appropriate measures against dangers from external sources such as through unlawful access and falsification.
There are cases in which cookies are placed on your computer at this Website in order for UMG ABS to track accesses or to enable Users to view this Website even more conveniently. In such cases, while the User's computer or browser may be identified, no information that will identify individuals will be acquired unless the User voluntarily enters such information.
6. Confirmation, Revision, Deletion or Addition of Personal Information by the Relevant User
When Users request to confirm, revise, delete or add information to their personal information managed by this company, UMG ABS will respond appropriately upon confirmation that the request is from the relevant User.
8. Inquiries Related to This Web Page